Unity Serving Military Overseas is looking for musicians to add to our streamed worship service to military service members and their families stationed overseas.
Unlike performing in front of a church congregation, we stream or broadcast our worship service Sunday 10am in Tokyo, Japan (Saturday, 9pm Eastern), and Sunday 10am in Frankfurt, Germany (Sunday, 4am Eastern).
Portions of our worship service are live, hosted by a host or platform assistant, as most worship services are. Other portions are pre-recorded. This would not be possible in a regular or traditional worship service; as nearly every worship service broadcasts/streams as a secondary focus; thus expanding their audience reach.
At Unity SMO, our audience are living and working on other continents, and when it’s day there, it’s night in the United States. Our mission is to provide our congregants a live worship service convenient to them, and we’d like you to join us.
We are interested in musicians who perform dynamic and uplifting music consistent with New Thought ideals and teachings. Each worship service will include 2 songs from a single artist. At this time, we are interested in those who license through empoweMA.
As Unity SMO broadcasts/streams video, we cannot just play an mp3/wav audio file of your songs. We don’t have the production capabilities at this time to create music videos of your music, so we will need a video of your music performance. To ensure we meet consistent quality of our broadcast/streamed product, each video should be recorded at 1280 X 720 dpi (720p) minimum and 30fps. If there is more than one musician, the audio should be appropriately mixed so the entire ensemble can be distinctively heard.
If musicians regularly perform at a church, we would welcome a video of that performance, provided it meets our quality standards.
Once we have scheduled our Partner Minister for a particular worship service and obtained the premise and a short summary of their talk, we will send an email to all of our Partnered Musicians, asking if they have music that relates or corresponds to that talk. Unity SMO will coordinate with the Minister (providing an audio snipet would also be helpful) to verify there is consistency or synergy between topic and music. If your songs are chosen, you will become our Featured Partner Musician for that week.
As our weekly featured musical artist and Partner musician, we will include your picture and link to a web site (you provide us with the url) where our viewers/congregants can listen and purchase your music. It’s a win-win-win; win for the congregant who gets to hear great music they normally would not get the chance to enjoy; a win for you, the artist who is able to reach a greater audience; and a win for Unity Serving Military Overseas, who is honored to partner with fine musicians and include their music as part of a uplifting worship experience.
A Partner Musician agrees to provide Unity SMO:
- Two songs, not to exceed 4 minutes each that embrace the ideals of empower Music and Arts.
- Authorize Unity SMO to broadcast, rebroadcast, or stream over the internet for 2 worship services.
- Authorize the songs to be included in the archived Unity SMO worship service, and hosted on the Unity SMO web (unitysmo.com) page and both Facebook and YouTube pages for Unity SMO archives.
- Video recorded in at least 1280 X 720 (720p) resolution at 30 fps and delivered in the following formats; AVI, MPG, MP4, WMV, and QuickTime. Contact us if you need to send in another format.
- Video must be clear without blur and appropriately lit. Audio must be without interference (i.e. hum) and clear and distinct annunciation.
- Musician will upload files to the specified file share directory at least 8 work days prior to air/presentation date. This allows for quality control checks and production scheduling.
- Provide a 300 X 300 jpg or png image for our web site.
Unity SMO agrees to:
- promote the Partner Musician several weeks in advance on the website (unitysmo.com) and in announcements during the worship service.
- broadcast, rebroadcast, or stream over the internet (including Unity SMO’s Facebook Live stream, Unity SMO’s YouTube channel and web site (unitysmo.com) for 2 worship services without editing. Some overlay editing allowing graphics will be overlayed to credit the musician.
- post the worship service which includes both song performances in the archived Unity SMO worship service, and hosted on the Unity SMO web (unitysmo.com) page and both Facebook and YouTube pages for Unity SMO archives.